The potential uses for ASTM Type II, pure water are nearly endless. One could say that almost every laboratory will have a need for Type II, pure water on a daily basis – from glassware rinsing to pretreatment and everything in between!
Labstrong™ developed a simple to install, use and maintain type II, deionization water purification system – the Cascade™. Imagine being able to place a water system anywhere on the wall because you don’t have to worry about the proximity to an electrical outlet! The Cascade™ requires no electricity and can be hooked directly to tap or a pretreat source. Using the Cascade™ is simple – with the twist of a valve you can control the water output and get up to 2 liters per minute of water with resistivity up to 15 meg Ω/cm!
Sick of cleaning off scale build up in your still? The Cascade™ was designed to optimize performance in a distillation system, specifically our Fi-Streem™ stills. Using the Cascade™ as a pretreatment can greatly decrease water consumption and reduce scale build up within the boiling chamber, creating nearly maintenance free operation.
The Cascade™ can also be used as a pretreatment or feed to any system needing pure water such as a type I system, like our Rapids™, or instruments such as autoclaves.
There are various cartridge kit options available to fit the unique requirements of your lab. Need help selecting a cartridge kit that meets your laboratory needs based on feed water? We got your back – our Technical Service Team can assist in making a recommendation. With a color changing resin, you’ll be able to know when it’s time to replace the cartridges to continue to have consistently pure water.
Available Cartridge Kits
Tap Water Feed
• D00298KT: Organic quad style kit
• D00299KT: Standard quad style kit
Pretreat Water Feed
• D002910KT: Organic quad style pretreat kit
• D002911KT: Standard quad style pretreat kit
Need additional assistance installing the storage equipment? Contact our Technical Service Team:
Helpful videos can also be found on our YouTube Channel and custom playlists – https://www.youtube.com/user/LabStrong
• Economical for any laboratory to install and maintain.
• Hook up to tap or a pretreat source.
• Consistently produces 2L/min of ASTM Type II Water – resistivity up to 15 meg Ω/cm.
• Simple to install and requires no electricity.
• Small footprint so that it doesn’t take up much space in your lab.
• Easy to read pressure gauge, with a pressure regulator to control inlet water pressure.
• Shut off/control valve allows users to easily control water output.
• Preparing buffers
• pH solutions
• Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
• Media preparation
• Ion Chromatography (IC)
• General chemistry
• Pretreat to Type I (ultrapure) water systems
• Washing glassware
• Feed to autoclaves, water baths, and dishwashers
Please Note: The D00294 does not include Cartridges, Cartridge are sold separately.